History & Why is the Rooted Sisters™ Expanding?
In 2015, Lisa Nichols (CEO for Technology Partners) and Cindy Owens (former CEO for the American Red Cross) founded The Rooted Sisters™ after searching for several months in St. Louis to find a place where business women of faith could come together to educate, equip and empower one another to live out our faith in the workplace. We started with three women and have been amazed by how God has continued to organically grow this community of female business leaders to where we are over 300.
Through God’s calling, we launched the Christian Business Women’s Breakfast in 2017 and have seen it grow from 325 women to close to 600 in 2021. In 2020, we received our nonprofit 501c3 status and have an active and engaged board of directors. Today, God is expanding our impact and influence with the hiring of Cindy Owens as the new CEO and expanding our territory with Rooted Sisters in 13 markets including Nashville, Charlotte, Dallas, Los Angeles, Shanghai, West Palm Beach and Singapore.
Rooted Sisters Impact
Rooted Sisters Bible Study
The vision of The Rooted Sisters™ is to glorify God as an international network of women leaders and to create a movement where we can STUDY God’s word together, GROW and become rooted in our walk with Jesus Christ and LEAD as God has called us in the marketplace, our homes and around the world.
The Rooted Sisters’™ mission is to provide a safe place to educate, equip and empower Christian businesswomen to grow in a closer, more intimate, relationship with the person of Jesus Christ.
We honor Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior and value His teachings. We value the power of prayer. We live in gratitude for God’s mercy and the redemption of our sins. We value all people as a sacred gift from God. Everything we do in word and in deed, we do for the glory of God.
We believe the Holy Bible is the perfect Word of God, written by various people at various times in history through His grace and inspiration. We believe the study of God’s word helps deepen our relationship with our Father, to love and serve Him more fully so that all we do is rooted in Christ.
We believe a Christ-centered community helps us grow into the person Our Father wants us to become. A Christ-centered community provides comfort and support and also challenges us to follow God’s will in all aspects of our personal and professional lives.
We believe God is calling us to lead and to bring glory and honor to Him. In positions of leadership, we help others develop their God-given talents and we testify to the power of prayer. We promote the building of healthy families, ethical businesses and a world that is more Christ-like.
The Rooted Sisters™ Ministry & Programs
- Biweekly In-depth Bible Study – Equip women to become more rooted in their walk with Jesus Christ. Studies have included: Experiencing God: Knowing and Doing the Will of God with author and Pastor, Dr. Richard Blackaby, Priscilla Shirer’s The Armor of God; Dr. Blackaby’s Unlimiting God. The study Don’t Give the Enemy a Seat at your Table by Louie Giglio starts in June. “Abide in me, and I in you….” (John 15:4-7)
- Discipleship 1-1 – Introduce women to a personal relationship with Jesus, disciple and show women how to grow in their walk and train them to go and do the same. Continue to utilize the CBMC Operation Timothy curriculum and train more facilitators. Team lead is Tina Wesley. “Therefore, go and make disciples of all nation.” (Matthew 28:19)
- Prayer – Dedicated Prayer time to encourage one another. Meets every Friday morning to read God’s word, share praise reports and prayer requests. “Carry each other’s burdens”. (Galatians 6:2).
- Christian Business Women’s Breakfast – Connects over 600 women to hear an inspiring message on how intimacy with God will impact your life. The 5th annual breakfast themed Unshakeable….Even When Shaken will be held on Thursday, November 3rd, 2022 at The Crossing with national keynote speaker Katherine Wolf. “Draw near to God and He will draw near to you” (James 4:8).
- Business Forum – A structured forum to equip women to align to God’s purpose by integrating scripture to worldly business challenges. “Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.” (Proverbs 16:3)
- Metro Gatherings – Gatherings are critical to encourage and connect women of faith. Women will gather in cities around the country and participate in programs virtually and will create their own faith-filled community with their respective neighbors. “Love your neighbor as yourself” (Luke 10:27). Coming soon!
- Faith Fueled Life – Businesswomen’s Mastermind Retreat – Women will immerse themselves in God’s word through leadership experiences and activities to further leverage and discover their purpose and calling. First retreat to be held May 13-16, 2022 in Colorado Springs, CO. “As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.” (Proverbs 27:17)
- Rooted Sisters Podcast – Women will share stories and experiences on key leadership topics and how they integrate God into their decision making, work and home life. “Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me or seen in me—put it into practice” (Philippians 4:9).
1 Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers.
2 but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night.
3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither – whatever they do prospers.