In 2015, a few women who were leaders in the St. Louis area, expressed the desire and need for connection with other Christian executive female business leaders. After much searching for several months for a group, Rooted Sisters was formed to meet this need. Co-founded by Lisa Nichols and Cindy Owens (Erickson), this group has grown organically over the past four years from three to over eighty women. It is a testament to the fact that women need women and are longing to belong to a community of other faith-based leaders who can encourage and earnestly admonish one another to impact our world for the Kingdom. The primary focus of the Rooted Sisters is on individual and group Bible study, while also encouraging one-on-one discipleship.
Women in leadership have a unique opportunity for influence. The vision of the Rooted Sisters is that as women become more rooted and grounded in Christ, they will bear much fruit in their homes, organizations, and communities – all for the glory of God.
The Rooted Sisters’ mission is to provide a safe place for women who are leaders in the marketplace to connect with one another and also grow in a closer, more intimate, relationship with the person of Jesus Christ.
Rooted Sister Programs to Study/Grow/Lead
- Biweekly in-depth bible study – Equip women to become more rooted in their walk with Jesus Christ. We just completed our study on Unlimiting God with the author and Pastor, Dr. Richard Blackaby as our guest teacher. Next up is the study of the book of Esther and then in November 2021 we will study Experiencing God: Knowing and Doing the Will of Godwith Dr. Blackaby. Other studies have included Priscilla Shirer’s The Armor of God, Jonah, Fervent; Beth Moore’s The Quest. “Abide in me, and I in you….” (John 15:4-7)
- Discipleship 1-1 – Introduce women to a personal relationship with Jesus and disciple each one into a life of walking with Him daily, step-by-step, while entrusting them to go and do the same. Continue to utilize the CBMC Operation Timothy curriculum and train up more facilitators. “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations…” (Matthew 28:19)
- Dedicated Prayer time to encourage one another – meets every Friday am to read God’s word, share praise reports and prayer requests. “Draw near to God and He will draw near to you” (James 4:8).
- Christian Business Women’s Breakfast – connects women together to hear an inspiring message on how intimacy with God will impact your life. Fourth annual is scheduled in St. Louis on October 14th with Myshel Wilkins and Tasha Layton, national recording artists and moderated by Sandi Brown, JOYFM. Emcee is Mandy Murphey, Fox 2 News.
- Business Forum – a structured forum to equip women to align to God’s purpose by integrating scripture to worldly business challenges. “Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed.” (Proverbs 16:3)
- Metro Gatherings – gatherings are critical in encouraging and connecting women of faith. Women will gather in markets around the country and participate in programs virtually and will create their own faith filled community within their respective markets.
- Women’s Immersion and Retreat – women will immerse themselves in God’s word through leadership experiences and activities to further leverage and discover their purpose and calling. “As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.” (Proverbs 27:17)
- Rooted Sisters Podcast – women will share stories and experiences on key leadership topics and how they integrate God into their decision making, work and home life.
1 Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers.
2 but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night.
3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither – whatever they do prospers.